Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(04-03-2018, 08:23 PM)ijmorlan Wrote:
(04-03-2018, 05:30 PM)Canard Wrote: I think you mean two week turnaround (ie, delivery to delivery).

No, I mean one week, although it’s pushing the limits of what might be possible. Pickup from Kingston Sunday, drop off in Waterloo Wednesday night, pick up empty flat cars Thursday night, back to Kingston Sunday morning.

We’ve had times from “It’s been loaded in Kingston” to delivery here in just a few days.

Based on the travel times we’ve seen, two week turnaround is easy; if it takes that long it’s because that’s how they’re scheduling it, not because it can’t be done faster.

This. From what I have heard the local CN switcher only goes to Millhaven 3 days a week. If you miss one you're waiting a few days for the next one. The only solutions to this is either for Bombardier to beg for more switching service (which they are probably going to need anyways) or to time the loading of the LRVs to better align with the limited  switching service.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by trainspotter139 - 04-04-2018, 01:24 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM