Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(04-02-2018, 10:52 AM)trainspotter139 Wrote:
(04-02-2018, 09:42 AM)ijmorlan Wrote: Why keep moving the sandbags on and off? Why wouldn’t they just load them up and leave them there? Or is it that they want to test at various loading levels?

Funny thing is, they could probably get sandbags to pay to be there, and take themselves on and off without assistance. Well, not sandbags: actually ugly bags of mostly water.

The vibe I got from the job posting is that they would be doing the testing on different LRVs each time. It would also make sense that they would want to test at various load levels as well.

OK, thanks, that makes sense. I thought somebody said that we were getting about 3 deliveries around now (first one of this batch dropped off last week) so combined with the 3 already on property that gets us to 6 which matches the number of dates. I can see sandbag testing as being something they might want to do with each vehicle.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by ijmorlan - 04-02-2018, 01:47 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM