Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(03-22-2018, 03:55 PM)Bob_McBob Wrote: Looks like the region is finally acknowledging the spring estimate is no longer realistic. Official announcement on April 18.

http://www.570news.com/2018/03/22/region...an-relied/

Not really surprised. I was hoping for this to be done before winter 2018/2019.

We'll find out, hopefully, April 18th for a firm date...

(03-22-2018, 04:13 PM)jeffster Wrote:
(03-22-2018, 03:55 PM)Bob_McBob Wrote: Looks like the region is finally acknowledging the spring estimate is no longer realistic. Official announcement on April 18.

http://www.570news.com/2018/03/22/region...an-relied/

Not really surprised. I was hoping for this to be done before winter 2018/2019.

It would take a major unforeseen issue to push this to 2019.  

Something like Sept 1st 2018 is a good bet.  

Should we start a pot?  Tongue
(03-22-2018, 04:28 PM)danbrotherston Wrote:
(03-22-2018, 04:13 PM)jeffster Wrote: Not really surprised. I was hoping for this to be done before winter 2018/2019.

It would take a major unforeseen issue to push this to 2019.  

Something like Sept 1st 2018 is a good bet.  

Should we start a pot?  Tongue

Not a bad idea....though the winner is paid out by Bombardier, Grandlinq, ROW and Ion -- perhaps a free (family!) pass for a year...
I've been thinking the day after Labour Day for some time now.
Has the Twitter plugin ever worked since the upgrade? All previously existing links were mangled, and all new links are broken in a slightly different way.

(03-22-2018, 04:49 PM)Bob_McBob Wrote: I've been thinking the day after Labour Day for some time now.

Especially based on what I'm hearing about the bus change launch date, I'm with you here.
(03-22-2018, 06:00 PM)Square Wrote: 504 was out today early this afternoon.   I think out in the yard or near the yard only?  Heard someone say that a mandatory meeting at 2:30pm for all Keolis employees was to happen.  Maybe that's why no major testing?

I hate to ask Big Grin But is there any way you could post to the forum when you hear on the radio that an LRV is out and about?
(03-16-2018, 06:37 AM)Canard Wrote: Hi MacBerry,

I design precision high-speed automation. I understand fully that things don’t always work or go as planned. Smile No one is saying that things shouldn’t be fixed.

My issue is that heavy construction wrapped up a year ago. Track measurements resulting in the discovery of fatal flaws requiring concrete to be jackhammered should have been taken a year ago, not months before service start. It is now a critical path item which will undoubtedly result in delays.

Had it been resolved last spring/summer, there would be no impact to service start. Now they are holding up testing.
 Thanks for the information ... cheers
(03-22-2018, 09:46 PM)Canard Wrote:
(03-22-2018, 06:00 PM)Square Wrote: 504 was out today early this afternoon.   I think out in the yard or near the yard only?  Heard someone say that a mandatory meeting at 2:30pm for all Keolis employees was to happen.  Maybe that's why no major testing?

I hate to ask Big Grin  But is there any way you could post to the forum when you hear on the radio that an LRV is out and about?

My hours are all over the place, but no worries, I'll post what details I hear, when I hear them, lol
All I'm hearing right now is 504 and switches at the yard.
Thanks! I was by about 1 hour ago and just saw an LRV slink back into the main building. Then a guy came over and shut the gates, so I guess they’re done for the day.

(03-23-2018, 02:26 PM)Canard Wrote: Thanks! I was by about 1 hour ago and just saw an LRV slink back into the main building. Then a guy came over and shut the gates, so I guess they’re done for the day.

Ya, I heard them say have a great weekend, so that's it till Monday!, hoping that live feed will be ready!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »