Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(02-18-2018, 12:14 PM)Pheidippides Wrote:
I guess I don't understand then. Admittedly, I am not well travelled, but of the systems I have ridden there are two distinct zones, paid, where you are actually boarding and alighting the system, and unpaid, where you pay your fare and get information, etc.

In this set-up though, as someone new to the system, how does one look at a route map to see if the system will actually take me where I want to go, or when the next train is coming, or even buy a ticket without trespassing in to the paid fare zone?

[url=https://www.google.ca/maps/@39.1073228,-84.5111195,3a,15y,197.87h,86.33t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sPxzoRyMG0HaSkvx8toV-nw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656][/url]

Bringing it back to Ion though: I thought we had bare-bones amenities until I saw this set-up.

I think some GO platforms that say something like “fare must be paid or you must be in the process of buying a fare”. Not a full answer to your question but if I’m right the idea is that the platform is a bit of a halfway zone where you can enter before paying your fare but there is an expectation that you will pay, certainly before entering the vehicle.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by ijmorlan - 02-18-2018, 01:22 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM