Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(02-10-2018, 03:48 PM)Canard Wrote: Vehicle 12 is married (modules mated together).  They have begun the process of reworking 501.  They're focusing a lot on Edmonton's first 7-module vehicle, which they're expecting to complete in March.

Basically, they don't have to rush on ours anymore, because there's the delivery lag issue.  If the Region said tomorrow "start shipping them", they still have lots of time to finish off the last couple of units because it's months before they could even get them off the property.

Thanks for the information, that’s good to hear.

While I’m asking questions, how big a deal is it to swap out modules? For example, suppose two vehicles were in collisions that each destroyed a cab module. How hard would it be to take the good cab from one and attach it to the remainder of the other vehicle? Would it make a difference if it was two A or B cabs as opposed to an A and a B cab destroyed? Similarly, how different are the two modules that connect directly to the cab modules?

Also, what is the order of the modules? I know it’s A-x-x-x-B, with the “x”s representing C, D, and E. And I think I remember you saying earlier that there is only one joint that is fully flexible in all directions. Which joint is that?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by ijmorlan - 02-10-2018, 06:51 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM