Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
I wonder how many are going to go onto the tracks when turning right from Borden (where the Tim Hortons is) onto Charles.

Which brings me to a different point in regards to slip lanes (or roads). I've always noticed that a lot of drivers really don't understand how to use slip lanes.

Take for example, at one time, coming off of Highway 8(SB) onto Fairway, their used to be a slip lane there. However, a lot of stopped. This was a pure slip lane, not stopping, no yielding. Now we have a "No Right on Red"; and some barrel through like it's a slip lane.

Same for Fisher-Hallman and Ottawa. Turning right from Fisher-Hallman onto Ottawa, that is a slip lane. And again, people are stopping when they should be going (though drivers still need to yield to pedestrians).

We can try to educate drivers, but no matter what, there are many that should not be allowed to drive on the road.

What's going on in Toronto though...that's just "wow, people are dumb".
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by jeffster - 01-28-2018, 09:25 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM