Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(01-28-2018, 05:32 PM)Canard Wrote: Agreed, it doesn't feel like a slip road at all - anyone driving on the tracks there should get fined (or worse).

I don't get the aversion to just painting giant yellow hash marks on target areas of the rapidway, ala Gold Coast Light Rail.  It looks pretty cool, to be honest, and it makes an absolute visual demarcation of the area you're not supposed to be in.

Totally agreed. The Gold Coast system looks absolutely great, and the big “Tram Only” markings are part of it.

I can’t say if it would actually help — most of the areas in question already look pretty different from anything that anybody should be driving on. But it might make offenders look like idiots to a bigger slice of the population.

I like the pictures of people in the Toronto streetcar tunnel. I think that there should be a prima facie presumption that anybody who drives more than about a car length past the point where the flat surface ends is impaired, and they should be charged and penalized accordingly. Enough is enough. At some point, there is enough signage and the problem is idiot and/or impaired drivers, not people who have made a good-faith error.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by ijmorlan - 01-28-2018, 06:23 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM