Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
Went out on my lunch break and got a few more shots.  (Apologies for the bad zooms, it's all just from my phone...)

Bearinger Rd TPSS switches on:
[Image: 39827901622_872c3cd4a7_b.jpg]

Based on what I'd seen in Millhaven, I really expected these lights on the top of the OCS polls to be flashing when the power in the system was on.  They weren't, but LRV 504 was running anyway.

Edit: Someone in the Facebook group mercifully pointed out that these are surge arrestors. Now I want to go back to Millhaven with binoculars to see what was really flashing on the tops of some of their poles!
[Image: 39860304381_1e375ce204_b.jpg]

504 stopped on the northbound track between Bearinger Rd and Quiet Pl:
[Image: 39860305731_9462c99d21_b.jpg]

There was some extra diagnostic equipment inside 504 that was wired up to the roof through the windows:
[Image: 39860305171_6967277309_b.jpg]

At one point the front door on the far side opened and the ground crew stood in it talking to the folks inside.  After a minute or so an automatic female voice chimed out "Please don't block the doors!" then repeated itself in french.  Wish I'd gotten that on video!
[Image: 39860307961_5b1603dd61_b.jpg]

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by KevinT - 01-23-2018, 03:19 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM