Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(01-16-2018, 04:41 PM)creative Wrote: She states a long list of reasons for closing her business that included the LRT construction and loss of parking convenient to her store. But you obviously know more about her business than she does.

Well put.   She did list multiple factors with perhaps an emphasis on the LRT construction and changes to the parking as being the primary reasons to retire.  I am not surprised by this at all.  I know my spending along the the LRT construction route dropped by 90% during the past couple of years as I would consciously avoid those areas.  Not sure how many others may have stepped up their spending to offset that.  Perhaps if they decided to continue they would reap the benefits of the LRT but I fully understand why someone would throw in the towel as they probably burned through a lot of their savings.  
And now that construction is over I've started going back to uptown and DTK but my spending there is still probably at only 25% of what it was pre-construction.    The construction was a big disruption that broke my routine and so I found alternatives that are in other parts of the city and now I have a new routine.  Not sure my spending in Uptown and DTK will return to 100% of pre-construction levels - not out of spite or anything other than the inertia of following my newly established routines.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by NotStan - 01-16-2018, 06:30 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM