Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(01-07-2018, 10:53 PM)Canard Wrote:
(01-07-2018, 08:23 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: If there is only one though that is essentially 1 week to get it here and unload + 1 week to send it back and re-load x 9 remaining = 18 weeks or mid-May just to get the rest delivered here nevermind burn-in/testing/simulated service.

I've had that thought over and over (typed out and deleted draft posts about it), and can't help but think the Spring 2018 date is such a pipe dream.  I'd love to be surprised, but still thinking fall is more realistic, given how other projects typically go and the fact that there seems to be no interest in working OT to get the trains that are here out on the line.

I figure since we are getting trains that are being pretty extensively tested in Millhaven, since we have become the launch customer, that they will be more service ready once they get here than the ones Edmonton or Metrolinx will be getting. Sure they'll need some more burn-in time and some equipment commissioning, but they are doing a lot of running of the vehicles in Millhaven.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by trainspotter139 - 01-08-2018, 01:45 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM