Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(12-28-2017, 10:12 AM)Canard Wrote: Cool video!  Pretty sure Kevin and I spotted you when we drove past!

Here's some of the footage I shot:

Worth noting that the crossing gates at Old Albert Street are now operational, so I'm assuming the ones in Waterloo Park are, too.

Kevin and I seriously contemplating cycling up alongside, but in the end, I'm kind of glad we didn't:  It didn't leave the Lancaster Yard until about 10:30pm!  That would have been one awfully frigid wait.  It's too bad it went up so late - all the others were between 8pm and 9pm.  Waiting an hour or so isn't so bad...

Somebody needs to stick a tracking device on the flat car. Then your phone could tell you when it moves onto the spur and you could emerge from a nearby Tim Horton’s or whatever and meet the train a little ways up the line. Not that I recommend trespassing on railway property for the purpose of installing it or anything!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by ijmorlan - 12-28-2017, 11:33 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM