Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
The platforms are not heated - the plan is to salt them.  That's why they had to go back and do all the rail coating work at all of the stations (the black goup they put on them this summer).  To do that they pulled out the E-Clips and lifted the rail a little, painted them with the stuff, then put the rails back in place.  It protects them from the salt.

Ottawa's I believe does have heated platforms.

Heated platforms are obviously better for the environment but they cost more to put in.  It is up to the consortium running the show what they want to do (pay now or pay later).

I agree 503 will likely stay in Toronto for the weekend.  I don't actually know, but assume that railways don't just shut down for holidays - so wouldn't be surprised if it shows up on Monday and goes up the spur Monday night - although with that single train going up servicing just one business up there, I have to wonder if that business is closed if they'd cancel the Monday train.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Canard - 12-22-2017, 11:15 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM