Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(12-16-2017, 02:43 PM)Markster Wrote:
(12-16-2017, 02:08 PM)timc Wrote: Does anyone know why we went with the horizontal bar bus signals instead of the dedicated lights for buses like at Highland Hills mall?

It's less prone to confusion. The idea being that motorists can expect that every red-yellow-green signal applies to them.  The buses meanwhile, can get signals that tell them to Go which motorists won't recognize and won't accidentally follow.  I've even seen people on twitter complain about "buses running red lights" because they didn't realize that there's a separate signal for them.

In other signal news, I saw an LRT signal change to the vertical bar!  I hadn't seen any signal changes for them yet. This was at the railway crossing in Uptown.  The pedestrians had a walk signal, and the LRT had a vertical bar.  They were clearly synchronized.

Now if they can just fix it so that the pedestrian crossing of the LRT track only gets a red when the LRT signal is activated by an LRV, not when somebody presses the button to cross King St., then we’ll really have something.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by ijmorlan - 12-16-2017, 03:39 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM