Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(11-02-2017, 12:50 PM)trainspotter139 Wrote:
(11-02-2017, 11:51 AM)Bob_McBob Wrote: CTV on the story: "yet another setback", and a nice spot of coverage for the Preston anti-LRT crazies.

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1248001&binId=1.1147261&playlistPageNum=1

CTV trying to spin the region's decision to delay delivery as Bombardier's fault.  Tongue

I hear this argument, but I'm honestly not willing to let Bombardier completely off the hook on this one. Yes, the Region "asked" for this delay. However, the root of the issue is there likely were manufacturing/process issues that have since been ironed out and of course the Region wants those fixes included in the units sitting at Millhaven, even if those units could technically be sent here now and still function. 

I guess my negative sentiment against Bombardier boils down to the fact that it was Bombardier's lateness generally (and having to set up a line at Millhaven in a hurry) that likely contributed to this entire situation. I accept that the Region made the call, but I think there's more to it than that.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by KingandWeber - 11-02-2017, 01:10 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM