Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
It's probably something really stupid missing like a manual or something like that

(10-19-2017, 01:52 PM)trainspotter139 Wrote: It's probably something really stupid missing like a manual or something like that

More likely something is missing the required certificate or inspection report ...
(10-19-2017, 02:23 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(10-19-2017, 01:52 PM)trainspotter139 Wrote: It's probably something really stupid missing like a manual or something like that

More likely something is missing the required certificate or inspection report ...

Or an indemnity agreement since Bombardier still technically owns the vehicle.

Whatever it is it's not going to have that big of an impact on testing. It was probably sent by snail mail and hasn't arrived yet.
It’s almost like someone should ask when this documentation from Bombardier was requested!
The Flexities at the Kingston plant have come out to play https://www.facebook.com/groups/81680629...258199051/
Paperwork keeps Ion train in shed

Quote:"Certain documentation, whatever that is, hadn't come in time," Galloway said. "They said that until that comes, they don't want to take the train out."

The train is still owned by Bombardier because it's not yet fully functional. So therefore, the proper paper work needs to be in place before testing begins.

"My understanding is this should be a relatively short issue," Galloway said. "I'm also told it doesn't really set back the overall schedule but it would be nice to get the train onto the track."
The Record is incorrectly reporting that there are construction delays. Construction was finished on-time and on-budget - a noteworthy thing.

(10-19-2017, 09:50 PM)Canard Wrote: The Record is incorrectly reporting that there are construction delays.  Construction was finished on-time and on-budget - a noteworthy thing.

It seems like they are confusing delays during the construction on specific parts of the construction with a delay in completing the whole construction. Of course I wouldn’t trust them not to believe the ongoing delays on King St. north of the tracks are somehow related to LRT…but in any case it’s pretty sloppy for a newspaper.
Jeff Oufit at his finest. He never shows his personal bias in his reporting
I live downtown Kitchener. We've received notice that ION crews are planning overnight work in preparation for ION testing. They wont likely be towing the train through this time, but it sure would be cool to see 501 pass by!!!

ION Overnight Work- October 22nd

Please note that starting on or about October 22 for approximately two (2) nights, crews will work at night in your area to complete preliminary works in preparation for ION testing. While our crews will work diligently to minimize impacts, some noise is anticipated during this operation. Light towers will be temporarily placed in our construction area while we complete work overnight. Night work will occur intermittently during this time, from approximately 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.

Building a light rail transit (LRT) service to support planned growth in Waterloo Region is an enormous undertaking and we recognize that this work will cause some temporary inconveniences.

We appreciate your patience as we work to bring ION to Waterloo Region.
Very cool!

I wonder what exactly it is they’re up to, or what exactly needs to be prepared.

I did notice at Erb/Caroline they added a grounding strap just beside CIGI there. Maybe something similar?

Though I really didn’t think they’d even do a pull-through or the non-test track section for months! Maybe that’s not the case, and they’ll do a pull-through of the entire line, but still just retain LRV burn-in on be test track?
I imagine that if the vehicles had been delivered in the original schedule, it would have been kept to the test-track area for months. But now we're in the 9th inning, and GrandLinq needs to test those clearances so they can wrap up construction!
(10-20-2017, 09:24 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote: Jeff Oufit at his finest. He never shows his personal bias in his reporting

Far be it from me to defend Jeff Outhit, but the article that I saw is actually by Jeff Hicks, and I think it’s reasonably fair other than the incorrect reporting that construction delays are partly responsible for the late opening. Is there also an Outhit article? (an Outhicle?)

Has anyone else noticed the odd placement of some of the platform bike racks? I notice that there is one at UW that appears to be very close to the service road and crossing signals (and also in a prime pedestrian pathway).
(10-20-2017, 12:27 PM)ijmorlan Wrote:
(10-20-2017, 09:24 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote: Jeff Oufit at his finest. He never shows his personal bias in his reporting

Far be it from me to defend Jeff Outhit, but the article that I saw is actually by Jeff Hicks, and I think it’s reasonably fair other than the incorrect reporting that construction delays are partly responsible for the late opening. Is there also an Outhit article? (an Outhicle?)
Oops. Thanks for tghe correction. I see negative comments and Jeff. And it is an easy mistake lol
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »