Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(10-10-2017, 12:26 PM)NotStan Wrote:
(10-10-2017, 11:35 AM)kitborn Wrote: You have to see the turn lanes for buses only at Highland Hills Mall to realize that they do not work. People use them all the time.

There's a difference in knowingly breaking the law as at Highland Hills Mall and inadvertently doing so at Caroline & Erb because the signage is so poor. 
Why don't they put up a camera at HH Mall and snap all the violaters and ticket them?

I want to know what the effect would be if the signal only went green for buses. Right now I think it is marked as being a transit signal (and there is a pair of them, because we know lights are so unreliable that it just wouldn’t work to have single signals…), but I think it turns green on every cycle, not just when a bus arrives. In other words, would people run a red to take the turn? And now thinking about the legal authorization for the cameras, I know we have red light cameras, so it should be possible to use them there, whether or not using cameras to enforce restricted lanes would be permitted.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by ijmorlan - 10-10-2017, 02:35 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM