Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(10-06-2017, 12:40 PM)ijmorlan Wrote:
(10-06-2017, 07:39 AM)SammyOES Wrote: I'm really skeptical of the idea that we should have been fighting to apply the LRT traffic rules like "no parking on tracks" or "no left turns" (in some places) before the LRT testing began.  It's sort of like making kids obey rules when there's no reason and you're not going to enforce it - it just breeds bad habits.

If instead we'd covered up all the signs with black bags, and then taken them off a week before the test train starts running with extra temporary signs saying that trains are starting to run, I think it would have gone better overall.

That actually would have been a really good idea. A clear end of the construction period, followed by an in-between period when extra parking is allowed (mostly because why not, rather than because it’s really needed), then a clear beginning to the train-running normal state.

This could have worked if there was a "construction 100% done, train not yet running" state, but we haven't had that yet, minor finishing work is still being completed.  I still don't know if I think it's a good idea.  We shouldn't be training people to park on tracks IMO.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by danbrotherston - 10-06-2017, 12:52 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM