Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(09-29-2017, 05:16 PM)SammyOES Wrote:
(09-29-2017, 05:06 PM)Canard Wrote: This has nothing to do with Tim Hortons or LRT - it has everything to do with people being dicks.  If the queue is full - move on (or park, and walk in).

I don't think you can say it has nothing to do with Tim Hortons.  I think they have some responsibility to make sure they're not encouraging/causing the behaviour.  

But even if you disagree, I think the Government still has to say that they can't have a drive thru in the current set up.  Its not TH's fault people are dicks, but that doesn't change the reality of the situation and the end result (which to me is completely unacceptable in this case).

Edit: I'm not sure if I'm missing context, but that post doesn't actually say anything about the LRT.  I think its a totally legitimate complaint - even if its not the LRT's fault.

It is somewhat related to the LRT in that the road had two lanes in each direction until the LRT came. But that isn’t a reason to complain about the LRT.

This is exactly the sort of thing zoning should cover: I personally am a bit of a radical, in that I don’t actually think it is anyone’s business whether a business has a drivethrough … but it very much is everybody’s business if roads are blocked by people using the drivethrough.

Since in the real world drivethroughs are permitted/prohibited by zoning, the rules should be re-written to say that drivethroughs are permitted only if operated in such a way as to avoid blocking traffic. It would be up to the business owner to ensure this by whatever means are necessary, up to and including posting a flagger to wave cars past if the lineup is full, or of course they would always have the option of closing the drivethrough.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by ijmorlan - 09-29-2017, 05:28 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM