Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(09-23-2017, 08:21 PM)trainspotter139 Wrote: It shares the sidewalk space on one side of Clarence St in Brantford then it cuts through the right turn lane for a short time https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.1385529,-...312!8i6656.

There are quite a few places in the US where it runs right on the street like this example in Utica, New York https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.1057156,-...312!8i6656

I had seen the one in Washington, but I'm surprised that we have any here.  The example in Brantford is frankly shocking, given the extreme infrastructure that seems to have been demanded on even the spur lines, I'm surprised that such a thing exists on such a major road.

Kent St. in Guelph I knew about, having ridden the GO, but it's not the same, it's off road.

Regardless, like I said, I think drivers *should* not expect to be allowed to drive there.  I remember the first time I drove in Toronto, I wasn't sure I should be allowed to drive on the streetcar tracks.  There might be some cases, (Burlington) is a good example where you might not notice, but in our case, it should be obvious.  But I say the same thing when I see cars driving down our multi-use trails.  I think it is probably accurate to say most drivers have much less understanding that there are certain places cars shouldn't be or aren't allowed to go.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by danbrotherston - 09-23-2017, 08:44 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM