Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(09-23-2017, 01:06 PM)danbrotherston Wrote:
(09-23-2017, 10:59 AM)ijmorlan Wrote: There definitely should be do-not-enter signs at the crossings in the parking lot. Also, where they put those small concrete barriers and plastic posts at King St., I would prefer to see bollards on either side of the tracks, all four with do-not-enter signs mounted on them. I don’t know about the exact dimensions involved, but I suspect carefully placed bollards could absolutely prevent truck entry and would require smaller vehicles to drive very carefully between them, while ignoring a pair of do-not-enter signs right in their faces.

I would say that upon analysis, it’s absolutely clear cars are not supposed to use that area, but from the point of view of a driver just watching what is in front of them, it is equally unclear from certain directions that they aren’t supposed to enter. This applies doubly since there was an entrance there pre-construction and a reasonable default assumption is that it has been restored.

It occurs to me that the lights on King should be straight-ahead arrows too. They’re not active yet, but they should explicitly indicate that no turns are permitted. Also the concrete sidewalks on King should continue across the tracks, interrupting the continuous asphalt.

There should be more signage perhaps, but drivers should still know better, where are you allowed to drive along railway tracks?

The small barriers are in fact the worse design possible for cyclists. They force you to ride very close and along the tracks, and yet still allow cars to enter.

There's a street-running section of railway in Brantford...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by trainspotter139 - 09-23-2017, 02:24 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM