Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
I was dead set against LRT when it was first proposed. Once I learned that initially it would be less about moving people and more about spurning development in the core and along the route I was on board. The core development including proposed projects that we are seeing proves that it was a great decision for that reason. I'll wait till the system is up and running to see the numbers using it before I make a final judgement on the overall success of ION. I personally do not see myself using the system even though I live a 10 minute bus ride from the core. Sorry if this offends people on this site but I use a car for the majority of my transportation needs. I also cycle recreationally and am an avid walker. We need to be aware that people come from a wide variety of demographics. Where they live, where they work, do they have children, number of children, activities that those children are involved in, activities and volunteering that adults with and without kids are involved with all play a role in transportation requirements. I have total respect for those that use cycling, walking and public transit for their transportation requirements. Often it is because of economic needs and for that reason I agree with investing in public transport. At the same time we need to respect those like myself that will never use public transportation for the reasons listed above plus others that we may not be aware of.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by creative - 09-17-2017, 11:26 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM