Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
Yeah, it was booming out of Frederick and echoing off the buildings when we drove past later in the day. I laughed out loud - I love it.

Other goodies to share from today:
  • A mock derailment was executed this past week, with emergency services on site to practice.
  • 501 was towed through the yard; every section of track has now been traversed. (How did we all miss this?!)
  • Audible Text-to-Speech announcements were being made over at least the Northfield and Frederick platforms - I assume just for today. I only mention Frederick because as we drove by later in the afternoon, I heard the robotic voice booming against the nearby buildings!)
  • the "test track" has been expanded to encompass all the way up to Conestoga as well.
  • trains will *always* get priority, at every light - the concept is they will never be stoped by a red light. This is different from what had been communicated in the past, which I think was an incorrect inference that the priority function would operate as it does on busses, where only behind schedule vehicles get priority.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Canard - 09-16-2017, 06:09 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM