Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(08-23-2017, 06:24 PM)darts Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 03:03 PM)taylortbb Wrote: Kind of. It appears GrandLinq is also going to be a little late on the construction (if service was starting next week they wouldn't still be testing signals). But once GrandLinq is done construction and is ready for operation then yes, the region has to pay them for operation regardless of whether the vehicles are here. After all, GrandLinq would be ready for operation, it's the region that wouldn't be (due to their contract with Bombardier, which GrandLinq isn't a part of).

Why were the trains originally supposed to be delivered by late fall/winter if we were going to start paying them soon for operating it?

You'd have to ask the politicians that question. I suppose it was "if you're late, you pay us, but if you're done on time, we'll start paying by this date.."

Unsure why Bombardier got the contract, we had choices from other makers. I guess perhaps "nationalism" got in the way, so we went with "Canadian" despite it not being a great idea.

Everyone that was against the LRT and kept saying that it wouldn't be up and running by the date the Region claimed have been vindicated.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if it's not up before 2020. I figure 2019 by the time the trains are all here, plus a few more months of testing, adjusting, and then training. Spring 2020, we'll see service.

Wasn't this supposed to be up and running by fall 2017?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by jeffster - 08-23-2017, 06:52 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM