Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(08-04-2017, 04:06 PM)ijmorlan Wrote:
(08-04-2017, 12:53 PM)Canard Wrote: Have just been informed concrete for the Rapidway can't be painted until the sealing is finished. That's where they remove the white plastic spacer strips and put in the black goop.

Thanks for pushing the question until the answer came. That is interesting to know. Also good to know they can answer the question even if it takes a while. Do you know if the sealing is just for the gaps where the spacers were, or is there a component of the process that applies to the entire concrete surface?

I assume sealing means the gaps.  I have seen crews going around, scraping out the rocks and sand from the gaps, taking off the white caps and putting black tar (I think tar) in the gap.

This would be inhibited by painting because there would be paint in the gap.

That being said, I've never seen this (or any other kind of sealing) done on new concrete anywhere else, does anyone know why it's required?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by danbrotherston - 08-04-2017, 05:43 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM