Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
3/4 - Sunday, July 16, 2017

Wanted to get some nice shots of the curves, but I'll use this photo to highlight that we still have a long way to go with safety campaigns.  Operation Lifesaver would do well to jump in here at some point.

I'm not so sure I agree with the location of these crossing arms. This is where Shirley (off screen, to the right) meets Courtland. The crossing arms are only for the Chevrolet/Buick dealership. But... they're on the intersection-side of the tracks.  Wouldn't it be far more likely that a car would be approaching to wait from inside the dealership? i.e., shouldn't the arms be on the far side of the tracks in this view?

Guard rails are being prepared for the curve here - looks like just the outside track. There's a big drop on the far side of this, which is probably why.  If you're wondering how they attach them after-the-fact - they've drilled holes in every other tie at the proper spacing, so they'll get clipped in place.

The strange additional "just in case" crossing arm at Courtland and Block Line is now enclosed with an island.

I still think this is the strangest location for a railway crossing arm I've ever seen.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Canard - 07-19-2017, 08:46 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM