Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(07-02-2017, 09:01 PM)PhilippAchtel Wrote:
(07-02-2017, 02:22 PM)KevinL Wrote: No visible start to the bus terminal work, however.

[Image: qtmTvWN.jpg]

That transfer point is supposed to be online for the Fall schedule in 9 weeks. You gotta wonder what they're waiting for. While we're in the subject, the roadway by the centre island looks very narrow. I think there's a similar island on the other side with concrete pillars at the corners. I hope they don't underestimate the extra width and turning radius that buses need compared to cars.

My understanding is that something was underestimated.  Someone recently tried to take a bus through that intersection either turning onto or off of that laneway and it didn't work.  It may be a back to the drawing board issue. Among other issues, there is not enough space between the tracks and the Ring Road for a bus to wait its turn to enter the 4-way stop intersection without fouling the LRT tracks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by nms - 07-04-2017, 08:20 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM