Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(06-22-2017, 08:49 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: I thought I saw them putting up an enclosure at Allen, but I could have misunderstood what I was seeing.

Regardless, this is a bit frustrating, none of these things are "too small" as in, there aren't buildings on the street which would have forced a choice between enclosures and demolishing a building, all it is a choice not to expropriate more land......and it's winter here, enclosures should be a minimum.

I agree. With respect to Willis Way, there is tons of space — the LRT track could have been installed a bit further over, leaving as much space as desired between the road lane and the LRT lane, or the LRT stop could have been put on the sidewalk side.

Allen is a bit narrow as built, but was previously planned to be built as two separate stops immediately north and west of the intersection, where there would have been no shortage of space.

It’s this sort of thing that leads to me disrespecting expertise. They give an answer that clearly makes no sense, not in that it is unintuitive (many truths are unintuitive), but in that upon reflection it doesn’t actually explain the result and instead suggests that the answer may be a post hoc rationalization of a decision that actually was made carelessly.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by ijmorlan - 06-23-2017, 07:07 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM