Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(06-20-2017, 12:24 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: I think there's a lot of unjustified fear here, unless Bombardier continues to slip, even if LRT2 comes in late September, and they only hit their original cadence we'll have all the LRTs by Jan/Feb 2018, and then we should be able to launch a month or two after that.....that's till "very early Spring 2018".

The only circumstances where a "Late 2018" launch becomes a thing is if Bombardier continues to not deliver any trains until at least mid 2018.  By then, I'm quite sure we'd be in the middle of legal action against them.

I fully admit I could just be influenced by media 'sensationalism', but isn't it completely justified to fear that Bombardier will continue to slip?  

Even looking at a statement like: "even if LRT2 comes in late September, and they only hit their original cadence" - this doesn't seem like the likely worst case at all.  They've never (?) hit their projected cadence, so I'm don't really have any faith that they'll hit their projected cadence in the future either.

I think it really sucks, to be honest.  It's more time for people to bitch and moan about the LRT.  It's more ammunition for how Government can't do anything right.  Yadda, yadda, yadda.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by SammyOES2 - 06-20-2017, 01:23 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM