Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(06-19-2017, 10:19 PM)danbrotherston Wrote:
(06-19-2017, 09:56 PM)darts Wrote: And you're making assumptions too, cineplex serves food too, most others have food available that you can take in or a foodcourt in the mall.  cineplex is licensed, although if you feel that you must have a drink and can't watch a movie without one, well you might be an alcoholic. 

Of course the main reason I was saying it was better was because it has bigger movies sooner, not all of them are hits, but it is the main reason for going to a theatre. Most other movies after time can be watched at home with a sound system.

I thought Cineplex was only licensed in select "VIP" theaters.

In any case, I'm well aware they serve fast food, that's not what Apollo serves, and again, I think they only serve you food *in* the theatre in select VIP theaters.

And of course all movies can be watched at home.  I don't care to go to a theater to see a movie sooner 90% of the time, but I do go to Apollo for the ambiance.

The cineplex on fairway has VIP theatres and serves food like calamari, caesar salads bruschetta flat breads and more. They also have a fully licensed lounge and bar, where you can sit down either at a booth or table or at the bar have drinks and have a server help you order some food. Or you can choose to go into a theatre to watch a movie and have drinks and food be brought to your seat. So you are wrong and believing they only serve you food "in the theatre".
And of course the VIP section is 19+ only so that a plus not having screaming kids ruining the movie for you.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by jordan2423 - 06-19-2017, 11:23 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM