Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(06-04-2017, 06:34 PM)panamaniac Wrote: It will be interesting to see if the reopening of King St, after such a long closure and with the many changes now in place, have any effect on the old Kitchener habit of "cruising King St".  I always found it interesting how many drivers tended to choose King over faster routes.  I confess that I still tend to do it!

Yesterday, I cruised King St in midtown just for kicks, and can say that with all the new traffic lights, that will be a habit that should die quickly. Getting past the hospital is a lot of traffic lights, and they are not particularly well synchronized for a green wave (which would be impossible to accommodate for both directions at once)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Markster - 06-05-2017, 12:09 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM