Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(05-18-2017, 02:18 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(05-18-2017, 01:49 PM)GtwoK Wrote: I have, on numerous occasions, seen someone drive straight into Uptown Square in their car, coming from along side of the Shops. Of course, this is INCREDIBLY dangerous because of the amount of people walking around in the square, children playing, and the fact that it's just straight up NOT a road. I worry that the tracks being paved here might encourage more of that sort of idiocy, ie., "It's paved and normal tracks aren't, therefore; okay to drive!"

Worry not, GtwoK.  Such idiocy requires no encouragement - it always finds a way!  Wink

I have seen this as well.  I have also seen a driver realize their error, and instead of stopping and carefully turning around, they sped off at high speed through the pedestrian square and jumped the curb.

Self driving cars cannot come soon enough.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by danbrotherston - 05-18-2017, 02:24 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM