Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(05-18-2017, 12:09 PM)Markster Wrote:
(05-18-2017, 11:59 AM)ijmorlan Wrote: It can’t be an extension of the Laurel Trail, because the trail formerly went through the park, then extended parallel to the tracks through Waterloo Town Square, and continued east of Regina. However, it wasn’t clear exactly what was the route of the trail before — that is, exactly which bit of pavement in the Waterloo Town Square parking lot was the trail? So the question is what sort of reinstatement of the already-sort-of-existing trail there will be.

It can't be an extension because no one would ever approve a trail that is right on top of railway tracks.

But that didn't stop them from paving the area between those buildings on King St.  Which despite not *wink* being a trail *nudge* is quite excellent.

I wouldn't even say that it's *wink wink* not a trail, I'd say that it is a trail.  It even has signage to the effect of "yield to trains" or something like that.

We'll see how it goes.  The biggest danger is for cyclists getting wheels caught I think.

As for the trail, there is no possibility of a connection across the road except at the intersection.  Which is why the rail makes sense maybe.  Of course, I have no expectation of a proper crossing.

And yes, cars using this will be a problem as it always is.  Whether through ignorance or deliberate act, it doesn't matter.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by danbrotherston - 05-18-2017, 01:09 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM