Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
Woo-hoo for tactile edges! Big Grin  The next step is to see what the final platform finish actually looks and feels like!  Then the shelters can go up, too.

More super-safe barriers going up in weird locations.  We were driving home and went down Courtland to see what was up.  Got to Courtland and Shelley... and while stopped at the red light we realized there was a barrier... on our right.  Blocking what, at first, I thought was traffic on Shelley.  Turns out it just blocks the pedestrians!  This is so weird!  I mean, I know why - there's no refuge between the road (Courtland) and the tracks, so technically you'd want to stop/block anyone from potentially crossing if a train is coming.  But can you imagine the optics if you're driving down Shelley, have a green light, and then suddenly this barrier starts going off and blocks only the sidewalk??

Crude map below:

Blue: ion Rapidway/Tracks
Yellow: Pedestrian Crosswalk/Path
Red: Arm locations

Some quick shots of the Anchor Wall at Fairway:

Also, the entire centre portion of the rapidway, from Kitchener Market station all the way South to Eby St., has been completely torn up!  It looks horrible!  I wonder what they forgot to add??  Again, benefit of P3 is this makes no difference to us... but the optics of it look terrible.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Canard - 05-06-2017, 05:56 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM