Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(05-02-2017, 02:54 PM)timc Wrote:
(05-02-2017, 12:09 PM)Elmira Guy Wrote: CKCO news at noon reported on the broken down car and subsequent traffic tie-up with their usual anti-LRT slant.

Trying to reconcile with myself why I even watch their news at all anymore. It certainly isn't for their reporting of local sports.

I haven't noticed an anti-LRT slant on CKCO. The piece seems to be reporting what happened around a story of interest.

I have found that most, if not all of their stories pertaining to LRT have had a negative, we-told-you-so spin to them. Even when the first LRV arrived their focus was more on the lateness of the arrival rather than being about the good news of it, or even remaining neutral (which is what news reporting should be trying to do).

I note much more positivity/neutrality in LRT related stories on the local CBC news site than I do from either CKCO on-air news or the local CTV news site.

As an LRT supporter I am of course biased and would prefer a positive slant on the part of local news, but I would be quite satisfied with an objective and neutral approach.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Elmira Guy - 05-02-2017, 04:27 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM