Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(04-25-2017, 02:12 PM)Canard Wrote: I guess I put too much faith in humanity. Rolleyes

I agree that those signs really are quite clear. I can imagine it taking a moment for somebody to get it, simply because it’s new, but if somebody, after consideration, can’t figure out what the sign is saying, they shouldn’t be driving. I think there are a lot of things like this — if somebody can’t understand a ranked ballot, after consideration, they really have no business voting either. Or back to driving, if a roundabout is really such a mental challenge for them, after a certain amount of familiarization, they also shouldn’t be driving.

On the other hand, don’t forget that we don’t actually know how they made the news item. If they highlighted the maximally-confused people they found, then we’re not getting a true picture of the populace, and even those people could have been having a bad day and were really thinking about the turkey in the oven rather than some stranger shoving a picture of signs in front of them.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by ijmorlan - 04-25-2017, 04:55 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM