Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(04-24-2017, 09:38 PM)Canard Wrote: There's been a very long, ongoing discussion about the crossing at Traynor; it's well known that the need for a crossing here was missed by the design team, and a PUC was held to get feedback on possible future crossing locations, and type options (tunnel, at-grade, or bridge).  I was simply pointing out that it appears as though GrandLinq has built a "suggested crossing location" by spreading ballast to make a more firm footbed to walk across, and a break in the fence - and that it looked to me like it might be the place where a future crossing could/should be located.

Obviously they'll have to either a) block it again or b) finish it off with proper crossing arms, before any trains move through here for testing at high speed (late fall/early winter).

Except that due to safety paranoia, they probably won’t allow even walking-speed testing with the crossing open. Nice to see that it is open for now however. I hope the new location is opened before this one is closed off. Or, dare I hope that they decide to have two crossing locations? It’s a long enough run to make two crossings reasonable.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by ijmorlan - 04-25-2017, 09:41 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM