Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(04-10-2017, 10:48 AM)SammyOES2 Wrote: We got there when there was a little bit of a line outside, but not too long.  Honestly, we didn't find the wait bad at all.  It moved reasonably well and they had interesting things available to make it easier.  We have a small kid and he enjoyed it too.

I especially liked that the train was first, and then the booths were after.  I was worried before I left that it would just be chaos and kind of a miserable time as everyone fought to see things and get on the train.  But it wasn't!

They just did an amazing job overall.

So well said, and couldn't agree more! As a seasoned themepark goer, I'm hyperaware of crowd management and queuing, and absolutely they really did a great job. Even having the queue set up in the main hall in such a way so the vehicle was "presented" while waiting was brilliant. The only thing I would have preferred is if the exit were out into the yard and then along the other wall of the main hall (out the door used in November's open house), or to have people funnel out the South end bay door by having it open. The narrow hallway from the offices into the main hall was a bit awkward for 2-way traffic.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Canard - 04-10-2017, 12:09 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM