Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
The railway crossing gates at University and at Columbia were stuck down this morning leading to pure pandemonium on the roads. The Police took about 15 minutes to arrive, but in that time, drivers decided that they weren't going to wait around. Some safe drivers decided to simply turn around safely, and go back. Others decided to drive on the wrong side of the road, and through the pedestrian crossing. You know, something they think is safe, right up until the moment that two drivers do that at the same time. While I was there there were two near collisions. The police arrived before anyone got hurt however. It makes me wonder how many of these drivers who do this would complain about cyclists who "break the rules".

I must ask however, why is it that Grandlinq cannot keep the signals working properly. These have been stuck on before, but before railway crossing arms were installed, and on numerous occasions I've seen traffic signals stuck.

This was the closest call I caught on video. The sedan coming through the crosswalk skidded to a stop to avoid hitting the car coming the wrong way.

https://youtu.be/_9XrasInoEQ
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by danbrotherston - 04-02-2017, 03:56 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM