Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(03-09-2017, 09:19 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: Does anyone know why exactly there needed to be full closures along King in Uptown this week? In four days I have seen very little work that would warrant a full closure. The most extensive work I have seen is what seems to be the installation of the GRT bus shelter pads. The businesses must be so frustrated to see it closed and apparently so little work being done. Same with the GRT detour to Father David Bauer instead going straight up Caroline; little work to-date that would warrant such a big detour.

I agree that it doesn’t seem much is happening. I did notice a narrow strip dug out all the way across the road just north of the spur line tracks on King St. But that could have been handled by closing half of the road at a time and using steel plates to cover the open part. The actual underground work might have needed a closure all at once across the width of the road. I have mixed feelings — on the one hand, I can see the merit in just closing fully and doing all the work without messing around with closing one half then the other and using plates and carefully scheduling all the work, on the other hand I question whether the closure needed to be as many days as it has been.

I’m more interested in just what it was they need to do. Did they make mistakes, or do certain things need to be done later for some reason?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by ijmorlan - 03-09-2017, 11:22 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM