Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
I've been trying to follow along with the Bombardier/Metrolinx feud(s) and I suspect that as with most PR battles the truth lies somewhere between the two narratives, but I still have some lingering concerns about our trains though. Perhaps Canard or someone can explain?

If this is the first production vehicle of the North American version of the Flexity why are we in such a hurry to take it? What if through testing LRV #1 they discover flaws that they need to change in vehicles 2 through 13? Won't they already be past the point of production in other LRV's and require more extensive fixes? Wouldn't it be better in the long term to spend some time getting all the bugs out before starting mass production? Maybe this has already been done?

The best analogy I can come up with would be, how many people would feel comfortable buying and taking home a concept vehicle from the auto-show floor before it has had extensive testing and reviews and goes into large scale production on the assembly line?

Even with these concerns though I am still excited to see it here in town; it makes the whole project seem more real than ever (even if still a year out from revenue service!).

Thanks to all, especially Canard, for all the tracking updates!
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Pheidippides - 02-26-2017, 09:54 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM