Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(02-21-2017, 05:29 PM)timc Wrote:
(02-21-2017, 05:22 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: The "snake" curing tent came down from King to about Cora's restaurant.

The street lighting has been transferred from the wooden poles on the east side of king between willis and William. The wooden poles remain for now, but only a matter of time before they are gone. I am not sure I like the black bulbous fixtures on the matte grey catenary poles.

Those lights will be replaced as part of the UpTown Streetscape project, right? I mean, it did originally begin as a project to upgrade the street lighting.

Edit: I guess that project is actually north of where you were talking about, so I guess they may or may not be replaced.

Yeah I think they're installed on Caroline as well now so I assume they're permanent. 

And Pheidippides, I agree with you and I was just thinking that the other day when I saw them. The fact they poles and lights are two different colours and styles just looks extremely awkward.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by KingandWeber - 02-21-2017, 11:54 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM