Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(02-20-2017, 10:01 PM)Canard Wrote: Thanks, Rainrider!  The next few days will be challenging, for sure.  There's going to be a lot of shuffling around and I don't think it's going to be so easy to track... but, a big, shiny new train in Cambridge should be fairly easy to spot!  I just wish we knew with a little more certainty when exactly things will be happening.  I didn't realize just how "dynamic" and "flexible" the whole freight industry is.

1/2 Monday, February 20, 2017

Here are just a few more photos from today - I've tried to just pick and choose a couple as so not to flood the forum too much (sorry!).

At the Fairway terminus, things are shaping up great.

Both anchor walls and canopy structures are up.  There are snap lines installed for lining up the glass, so I'm sure they're getting to install those panels very soon.
Does anyone have any idea how passengers at either terminus will know which platform to wait on for the departing train?  I assume that an incoming train will arrive on Track 1, detrain everyone and then the driver would exit for a break/washroom stop.  While that is happening a train on Track 2 would depart.  Since the platforms flank the tracks, it will be a little more involved than passengers just turning around if they happen to have guessed wrong on the departing track.  While the decision is easy if there is already a train at the platform, but if there are no trains in the station, hopefully passengers will have a "Next Train: Platform 1" sign.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by nms - 02-21-2017, 02:52 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM