Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
Is it just perspective playing a trick, or are those crossing lights back-to-back? It that the lights on the two poles are facing each other in such a way that no one would actually be able to see them. It really seems unnecessary to have lights on both of those poles.

It could actually even be a safety issue. Too many distractions confuse people, and bright flashing lights qualify. I expect it now, but turning right onto Erb from Bridgeport is the perfect example of this. There is an extremely bright red train signal light that flashes into the peripheral vision just as you cross the rails. It is surprising and unexpected and my instinct was to stop suddenly (I didn't) because something alarming and important had just entered the equation in a situation that is confusing enough as it is.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by jamincan - 02-04-2017, 07:46 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM