Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
I find it interesting that with Phase 1, there was less worry about taking property, yet by Phase 2, they are worried enough about it to consider drastically altering the route for the sake of avoiding upset property owners.

For instance, I'd count the LRT prep work widening of Weber Street between Waterloo and Kitchener as a pretty drastic taking of property. Likewise, cutting down all the trees in Waterloo Park was also deemed acceptable for the better good of the project. I wonder what buildings, parklands or other significant properties in south Kitchener and Cambridge would be affected.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by nms - 01-20-2017, 04:44 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM