Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(01-19-2017, 11:08 AM)Coke6pk Wrote: @danbrotherston - It would be highly unlikely for me to issue a ticket with 6 inches overhanging.  Our policy was at least 1/2 blocked, two wheels on the sidewalk*, or clearly blocking the safe passage of a wheelchair.

Here is the clarification on "two wheels" policy:

Coke

** DISCLAIMER: The above attachment is me working in Microsoft Paint instead of trying to explain it.... it is not meant as a legal definition, and I am no longer employed in by-law enforcement so my views may be outdated. Smile

That's very helpful information. Out of curiosity, this applies in Kitchener or Waterloo?

I am not exaggerating when I say 6 inches. I was truly shocked when he got a ticket. I suggested he fight it, but he didn't want to bother for whatever the fine was.

I am curious though, in the spur line parking lot (in Waterloo), the Laurel trail goes right along the parking lot. Many cars back up to the curb and overhang the trail. Some vehicles are pickup trucks which have substantial over hangs. Some pickup trucks have trailer hitches which reach well over half way across the trail.

Are these vehicles likely to be ticketed? They're actually blocking more than half the trail. And also, dangerously with a hard to see black ankle level bar. But wheels are firmly in a legal parking space.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by danbrotherston - 01-19-2017, 12:23 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM