Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(12-23-2016, 02:44 PM)Canard Wrote: Eeeeeek, I think I just saw another place I'll put down a chip for a bet for "first accident" location...

We were driving North on King; just past William, heading into UpTown. Two cars in front of me, someone was stopped to turn left into the little driveway there just beside the LCBO. The driver in front of us didn't want to wait any longer and drove up on the rapidway (flush curb here) to go around.

No big deal at all normally, and standard practice to use the shoulder or empty parking spots to go around a stopped vehicle... but if a train were coming up behind us there, boom, that would have been instant crash.

Do I remember correctly that the separating curb is more or less flat in that location? I’m surprised by the number of areas where there really isn’t any actual barrier between the LRT lane and general traffic.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by ijmorlan - 12-23-2016, 03:04 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM