Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
Tom, as I've said... the test track schedule was relaxed when the delay from Bombarder became significant. The original schedule was that the test track be ready in July 2016 with the expectation of the first train arriving in August 2016. When that slipped to a October 2016 (announced in February 2016, IIRC), it was obvious at that time that the delay would be greater and the schedule for the test track was relaxed. Sure enough, in May 2016 Bombardier modified the schedule again and said the first train would arrive in December 2016. It's now looking like it'll be February.

So. To answer your question, is the test track ready to drop a train on it today? Maybe. I don't know. I think so? The crossing arms have been tested and the control houses were being worked on a month ago or so and I haven't seen much activity since that flurry. So I'd imagine the answer is "yes".

The way this will play out is that there's a good chance now that somewhere mid-delivery of the 14 trains, they'll be able to get off the test track and begin exploring the entire system. Unpowered Pull-through first, then low speed, then actual speed, then simulated service.

GrandLinq is on time and the only spot there's really any notable delay is the King St. Grade Separation and I think that was related to issues with sewer, and then the asphalt plants closed for the winter.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Canard - 12-14-2016, 06:34 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM