Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
I really wonder how on earth the penalty could be so low. As others have stated, now that we have reached the maximum threshold, there is no incentive to hurry. $3.3M is small potatoes to all players and likely only fills the requirement expected by the public that there is a penalty clause.

When I read articles about how Bombardier failed to meet its contacts is signed in the UK in 2011 (and I am putting that mildly) and the fiasco going on in Toronto; this appears to be business as usual for Bombardier.

Its a feel good story that we supported a Canadian company however they seem to have no intention of reciprocating, and likes to think of themselves as an NGO that is too big to fail, just like the CBC.

I pay a lot in taxes and to see money thrown away over the course of a variety of subjects doesn't leave me with a warm fuzzy. Mismanaged companies should fail. This is the natural order of things. To perpetually prop them up causes more problems than it solves.

Can we argue about the monorail some more?

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Drake - 12-13-2016, 09:18 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM