Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
Well, poop.  I'm hearing some rumblings that might indicate that the reason that the Cameron Heights crossover (and KCI) are stalled is because they might have to take a (really big) step backward before moving forward again.

One word:  Rebar.

Also, I meant to post this before because it's been bothering me since I'm OCD-picky about design stuff, and that is that there's been a minor change to the colour scheme of our LRV's...

So, both the Metrolinx Pilot/Crosstown Final LRV's and ours were to have identical designs, but just different colours.

Metrolinx (Crosstown), Grey:

[Image: cq5dam.web.750.750.jpeg]

ion, Blue:

[Image: B821961008Z.1_20150514084625_000_GC11FTU...allery.jpg]

When the first photos of the Metrolinx Pilot LRV broke, I noticed that the headlight panel is now black (not colour coded), and the colour stripe extends further down, one additional panel... and the front panel isn't coloured - so the additional length of stripe doesn't blend in.  Ehhhh... not happy about that, but assumed that the panel below the headlights would get painted:

Looks like that hasn't happened:

Photo: Bryan Martyniuk

Worse, it looks like our trains have the same treatment:

Photo: Tom Galloway

I also found this updated rendering, which matches the Pilot colour scheme, as-shipped:

So, I guess I have to live with it. But I don't really like it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Canard - 11-30-2016, 01:37 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM