Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(11-29-2016, 09:38 PM)Canard Wrote:
(11-29-2016, 07:33 PM)ijmorlan Wrote: And today I noticed that the rails have had rubber boots installed, of the same sort as used at many crossings (although not Ion-related ones), which makes me think the intent may be to pave that space properly.

If you mean this:

...then yes, that's the style of booting which is used when they put asphalt down over top of the tracks.  Special thanks to Jeremy Haak and Kevin Tessner for the clarification on that!

Thanks, that is indeed what the booting I saw looks like. In fact I was thinking about your OMSF photo and should have referred to it. Especially because it somewhat invalidates my “not Ion-related” comment (subject to a possible quibble about whether the OMSF location qualifies as “a crossing”). I think that space may actually end up better than before — it used to be interlocking bricks filling the space to a distance of maybe a foot or two from the rails, with the rails open, ties visible. I’m hoping the entire space will now be paved, with just the two flangeways interrupting the flat surface.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by ijmorlan - 11-29-2016, 09:41 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM